By Kevin Hutto
If you’re just beginning your journey into the wonderful world of golf, you’re probably a bit overwhelmed at all the information you need to process in so short a time. Add this to the fact that you can’t wait to have your chance of sinking the putt and the excitement and corresponding frustration just mounts. Despite your intense desire to just go out and play, here are a few do’s and don’ts to guide you before you head towards the tee box.
• Do read the rules before you start playing. Understanding the fundamentals of the sport is essential so you know how to conduct yourself throughout the course of an 18-hole game.
• Do understand golf etiquette before you head out. This enables you to related better with other players, take care of the course and generally have a safe and fun golf game.
• Do have a basic set of equipment. You don’t have to get the most expensive, but having a complete set serves as a real motivation for you to keep on working towards improving your game.
• Do get golf lessons. This isn’t necessarily a requirement but getting golf lessons will pave the way for you to learn the basics of the golf swing, stance and balance, among others. Look for a certified PGA teacher in your golf course.
• Do practice. This is the only way to improve your game, and give you the confidence you need to play a complete round of golf.
• Don’t ask for golf instruction from friends unless they’re certified instructors. It may be free but you need a teacher who will guide you in the right direction if you want to engage in golf regularly. You might not be able to unlearn bad form some friend taught you.
• Don’t ignore golf etiquette. They are an important part of golf– as significant as the official rules.
• Don’t forget to observe golf course safety.
Now that you have a basic list of do’s and don’ts, your golf game should improve in no time. And lest you forget, do have fun while even if you can’t get your ball to the fairway everytime you tee-off. You will get better with time.
Related Search Items: Novice Golfer Information, Novice Golfer Clubs, Novice Golfer Set, Novice Golfer Tips, Tips for Novice Golfers